BEAR MOUNTAIN INN
We are looking for a Front Desk Agent to come join our team!
Situated at the base of Bear Mountain and overlooking the shores of Hessian Lake, our historic hotel is the centerpiece of a unique park system that stretches from the edge of New York City through the Hudson Valley. As one of the earliest rustic-style lodges built to take advantage of a natural setting, Bear Mountain Inn and Overlook Lodge is a fabulous contemporary of the National Park Lodges.
The Front Desk Attendant must have the ability to perform all desk attendant functions including checking guests in and out, reservations, and switchboard.
· Provide administrative, reception and program support to management and staff.
· Manage phone activity including providing general knowledge to callers.
· Manage walk-in traffic. Sign in customers as needed. Smile and greet customers in a welcoming manner.
· Register and assign rooms to guests.
· Provide quotes for room rates and up-sell the guest when possible.
· Assist in coordinating the Front Desk and the Housekeeping Department.
· Verify that the correct charges and credits are posted to the corresponding guest folio. Collect payment for charges on the guest folio.
· Ensure all cash and cash equivalents are accounted for and balanced at the beginning and end of each work shift.
· Responds to guest inquiries.
· Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority, otherwise refer the matter to the management.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
· High School Diploma preferred. Minimum of at least 16 years of age.
· Clerical skills including typing, filing, office machine operations, cash register operation, maintenance of records, and the ability to undertake multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Computer proficiency.
· Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to learn and develop new skills; ability to problem solve.
· Ability to arrange and coordinate schedules for reservations.
· Excellent interpersonal, administrative, telephone and other communications skills.