We are now looking for Seasonal Food Service Attendants!
Located 45 miles north of New York City in the Hudson Highlands, Bear Mountain Inn is nestled in Bear Mountain State Park, Bear Mountain, New York. Guest Services operates the historic Bear Mountain Inn built 1915, the A.K. Morgan Overlook Lodge, four Stone Cottages, picnic pavilion, Stand 10, Cliff House and the Merry Go Round and Pavilion. Bear Mountain State Park features picnic groves, rowboat docks, a swimming pool and bathhouse, nature trails, an ice-skating rink, basketball court, Trailside Museums and Zoo, Iona Island Estuarine Reserve and Bird Refuge, Perkins Tower.
The Seasonal Attendant is responsible for assisting in all areas of customer service. The Seasonal Attendant is involved in most aspects of day to day operations, such as inventory, sales, cash handling, sales reconciliation, line service, etc., while maintaining a high level of customer service at all times; and must be cross-trained in areas related to cashier, cook, line server, and general utility.
- Receive assignment from General Manager or Supervisor at the beginning of the shift.
- Perform assigned functions of job assigned (see other job descriptions: cashier, cook, line server, general utility).
- Smile and greet customers entering unit; answer customers' questions, and provide information on company policies. Thank each customer.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education required. High School Diploma/GED preferred.
- Culinary knowledge.
- Food Safety certified and strong sanitation habits.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.