Located 45 miles north of New York City in the Hudson Highlands, Bear Mountain Inn and Conference Center is nestled in Bear Mountain State Park, Bear Mountain, New York. Guest Services operates the historic Bear Mountain Inn built 1915, the A.K. Morgan Overlook Lodge, four Stone Cottages, picnic pavilion, Stand 10, Cliff House and the Merry Go Round and Pavilion. Bear Mountain State Park features picnic groves, rowboat docks, a swimming pool and bathhouse, nature trails, an ice-skating rink, basketball court, Trailside Museums and Zoo, Iona Island Estuarine Reserve and Bird Refuge, Perkins Tower. Bear Mountain State Park is an ideal location for corporate retreats, family reunions, team building events and romantic getaways. The spectacular views from the catering facilities make the Bear Mountain Inn Complex an ideal spot for weddings and other special events. Visit www.visitbearmountain.com to learn more.
The Catering Sales Manager is responsible for a proactive sales and marketing effort, generating new business and contacts as well as managing existing accounts.
- Coordinate and manage facility’s catering sales efforts. Target appointment-oriented sales communications to ensure a successful direct sales program, in accordance with goals established by department budget and marketing plan.
- Maximize current key accounts by identifying and capturing those that offer revenue growth. Develop strong customer relations through frequent communication and the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction.
- Develop a full working knowledge of the company brand and the facility operations, including Food and Beverage, Reservations, and all of Guest Services.
- Develop a complete knowledge of the company’s sales policies and standard operating procedures regarding sales, and ensure compliance.
- Develop facility’s business sales strategies; monitor and adjust as required. Leverage marketing support from Corporate Office.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s or Business Degree preferred.
<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->At least 2 years of experience in related management.
<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people.
<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to work well as a team leader; ability to problem-solve.
<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.