The Ski School Director is responsible for the overall quality of the guest experience within all programs of the Snow Sports Academy. He/She will develop, implement, and improve programs that are guest oriented and profitable. The Ski School Director is also responsible for the oversight of the general look and feel of Snow Sports Academy.
- Oversee the supervisors coaching, mentoring, and appraisals of instructors and attendants
- Coordinates with Group Sales in the seamless and professional booking and sales group lessons and programs
- Development/Training and supervision of ski/snowboard instructors while monitoring the effectiveness of that training
- Develop schedules for ski/snow board instructors, and indoor Snow sports administration
- Supervise line-up and instruction
- Be a role model and mentor to ski and snowboard instructors, administration, and customer service support by demonstrating Core Values, and outstanding guest/employee services
- Model, lead, and support safety programs. Stay current with guest and employee health and safety regulations, child abuse guidelines, emergency evacuation, and lightning procedures.
- Communicate professionally and courteously with guests and employees in person, through email, and over the phone
- Maintain a minimum of level II PSIA or AASI certification
- Maintain written logs, reports, timesheets, and checklists
- Initiate and/or approve any departmental purchases
- Insure departmental compliance with the Employee Handbook and Guest Services procedures including grooming, dress code, and behavioral standards
- Monitor the payroll process to ensure accuracy and timeliness of instructor compensation
- Review snow sports school related accidents and ensure that all documentation has been properly processed and proactive prevention actions are established
- Promptly handle problems and complaints that arise during day-to-day operation of snow sports
- Successfully mediate emotionally charged situations with employees and guests
- Coordinate and cooperate with other departments daily
- Serve as a ski or snowboard instructor as needed
- Order, maintain and issue uniforms
- Assist in the design of lesson packages and pricing that fits the needs of Giants Ridge
- Assist with the operation of the gift shop, if needed
• PSIA/AASI ski or snowboard certification – Level II or higher
• Must be: An excellent skier/rider with technical knowledge of skiing/snowboarding and snow sports safety
• Able to work long and irregular hours including weekends and holidays
• Able to qualify as a ski/snowboard instructor
• Must have: superior interpersonal skills
•Three years supervisory experience
•Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations
•Understanding of business principles and efficient organizational skills
•Must be experienced using: PC, Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, Outlook, Internet.
•Ability to learn new systems as required.
• Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
While performing the duties of this job, work is performed both outside in all weather conditions, including extreme cold, snow, wind and rain, on varied snow surfaces, as well as indoors. Indoor time is spent on the computer, phone, and interacting with customers.
Must be able to:
• Stand for an extended period of time
- Ski/ride safely and confidently in all ski conditions and in varying types of terrain at all times.
• Frequently required to reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
• Regularly lift or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift or move more than 50 pounds
• Have knowledge of PSIA certification process
• Exert force by pushing & pulling items
- Ability to work well with staff, other departments, and the public under stressful situations
- Lead with excellent organizational, supervisory and customer service skills
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.