We are looking for part-time Night Auditors to come join our team!
Schedule: varies based on business needs; candidates must have flexible availability to include mornings, weekends, and holidays
Situated at the base of Bear Mountain and overlooking the shores of Hessian Lake, our historic hotel is the centerpiece of a unique park system that stretches from the edge of New York City through the Hudson Valley. As one of the earliest rustic-style lodges built to take advantage of a natural setting, Bear Mountain Inn and Overlook Lodge is a fabulous contemporary of the National Park Lodges.
The Night Auditor performs all bookkeeping functions and end of day accounting duties for the hotel, in addition to performing front desk attendant functions including checking guests in and out, reservations, and switchboard as assigned.
- Audit daily guest ledger of the hotel to verify and balance entries. Investigate and correct any discrepancies.
- Create daily deposit and ensure correct starting cash amount at the front desk for the morning.
- Update reservations system with occupancy of guests as they come as they check in and out.
- Provide administrative, reception and program support to management and staff.
- Manage phone activity including providing general knowledge to callers.
- Act as front desk attendant during the night hours, ensuring guests are satisfied with service requests.
- Ensure a safe environment, and respond to guest complaints accordingly.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma or GED. Basic accounting skills.
- Clerical skills including typing, filing, office machine operations, cash register operation, maintenance of records, and the ability to undertake multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Computer proficiency.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to learn and develop new skills; ability to problem solve.
- Ability to arrange and coordinate schedules for reservations.
- Excellent interpersonal, administrative, telephone and other communications skills.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day and to climb steps regularly.
- Ability to sit at a desk and monitor phones for extended amounts of time.
- Ability to withstand temperatures in indoor and outdoor environments.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Typical office equipment (computers, phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others).
- Reservations system. POS system.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.