Do you have hotel experience? Would you like to work at the #1 DoubleTree Hotel in the country? If so this position may be for you!
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Naples is hiring a Front Desk Manager. To be considered you must have a minimum of 3 years front desk hotel experience.
The Front Desk Manager oversees the front desk operations, including checking guests in and out, reservations, and monitoring and assisting in management of room inventories and rates, while ensuring overall excellent guest service. Must be flexible with schedule and have availability to work days, nights, weekends, holidays or as business levels dictate.
- Receive direction from the General Manager and assist in the overall management of the unit’s operations. Assist in planning and developing daily operations for Front Desk; forecasting and analyzing sales and revenue, labor, and profit; ensuring compliance with established budget; and scheduling, supervising, and participating in the operational duties specific to the unit.
- Assist in recruiting, supervising, training, scheduling, disciplining, reviewing, and directing the front desk team.
- Respond to guest inquiries, disputes and resolve guest complaints.
- Ensure all cash and cash equivalents are accounted for and balanced at the beginning and end of each work shift.
- Represent the company in a professional and positive manner at all times. Maintain and enhance the company’s image when interacting with clients, guests, associates, and vendors.
- Perform unit opening and or closing procedures.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of unit’s equipment, housekeeping, sanitation, dress, cash control, and employee hygiene. Notify Unit Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma. Bachelor’s Degree or hospitality/hotel supervisor experience preferred.
- 3+ years of hotel experience required
- Clerical skills including typing, filing, office machine operations, cash register operation, maintenance of records, and the ability to undertake multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize MS Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to learn and develop new skills; ability to problem solve.
- Excellent interpersonal, administrative, telephone and other communications skills.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day and to climb steps regularly.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a fast-paced environment.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Typical office equipment (computers, phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others).
- Reservations system. POS system.
The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton is part of the Hilton family of brands and by being a team member you will able to take advantage of the Hilton team member travel program.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.