Snow Sports Academy Instructor
|Benefits:||For full time employees: a choice of medical benefits, dental and vision, 401k savings plan, and much more|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Part Time|
The Snow Sports Instructor provides quality ski/snowboard lessons to groups and individuals in a safe and fun manner while maintaining all rules and regulations and company policy.
- Maintaining highest level of guest safety on varied terrain in high altitude with varying winter weather conditions.
- Verbally and physically teach students on assigned level of skiing or snowboarding.
- Ensuring students are equipped with proper equipment.
- Assisting guest with transportation of equipment and loading and unloading the chairlift.
- Ability to work with guest at all ages and abilities.
- Be tentative when working with children and ensuring their safety.
- Attend ski and snowboarding training sessions.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred
- Intermediate Ski or Snowboard Ability Required
- No Teaching Experience Necessary
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Spreadsheet and internet navigation.
- Basic mathematic skills.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to withstand cold and wet weather.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a fast-paced environment.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.