We are currently seeking a Maintenance Technician for our operation at Bear Mountain State Park, Bear Mountain, NY.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receive direction from the Maintenance Manager and assist in the overall maintenance and repair of the unit's operations.
• Conduct scheduled inspections of designated buildings and equipment; check and repair equipment malfunctions.
• Make major repairs to electrical, plumbing, heating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment as needed.
• Respond immediately and resolve emergency facility needs/issues regarding safety/security/business requirements, including fire alarm systems; disengage electrical, water, or gas systems to protect building occupants and property.
• Lock and secure all buildings and facilities; monitor, activate and reset automatic security systems as appropriate.
• Perform routine to complex cleaning of pools, spas, and other water features around the unit. Maintain records of cleaning and maintenance schedules.
• Assist Maintenance Manager with inventory/security of supplies is adequate for the maintenance of the hotel.
•Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of facility's equipment. Notify General Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
• Represent the company in a professional and positive manner at all times. Maintain and enhance the company's image when interacting with clients, guests, associates, and vendors.
• High School Diploma or GED preferred. Bachelor's or Business Degree preferred.
• 1-2 years of hotel maintenance experience.
• Strong technical knowledge/background in HVAC, Electrical, and/or Plumbing.
• Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people.
• Ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to problem-solve.
• Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.