Would you like to spend your summer working at a mystical and peaceful lodge? Stehekin Valley’s, picturesque lake and breathtaking mountains truly have a magical effect.
You will feel right at home in our tight knit family of employees and it is sure to be a summer you will never forget. Apply below!
The Retail Manager is responsible for all aspects of unit operations and floor management, including staff, food, beverage, equipment, and property to facilitate the fulfillment of financial goals and company initiatives. The Manager cultivates a team environment that provides exceptional customer service while directing the management team and ensuring all staff members perform at a consistently high level. The Manager motivates, instills accountability, and achieves results to drive success in the unit.
- Monitor, problem solve, and direct workers to ensure efficient and safe completion of all retail tasks daily
- Train, on-board, and schedule staff
- Regularly evaluate store floor visually for stock “holes” and respond appropriately
- Communicate regularly and professionally with numerous people including General Manager, Warehouse Manager, and Corporate Retail Coordinator to ensure efficient deliver and supply of all retail items
- Purchase stock items as authorized / required from approved vendors as needed
- Participate in management and safety meetings and National Park Service inspections
- Under guidance of General Manager and Retail Coordinator, participate in and give working direction for pre and post season setup / teardown of gift shops, and maintain store to standards set by Retail Coordinator
- Manage staff appropriately to enforce standards and minimize personnel conflicts
- Maintain department records such as schedules, payroll, deposits, and daily cash reports
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred
- National Park gift shop experience strongly preferred; six months retail supervision experience strongly preferred
- Basic computer knowledge and ability including Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, and retail POS systems
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Move about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 10 lbs. regularly, 15-20 lbs. frequently, and up to 30 lbs. occasionally
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Climb steps regularly
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Retail POS (Point of Sale) system including cash register and credit card terminal, combination safe
- Typical office equipment (computer, phone system, fax, copier, scanner, among others)
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: gloves and goggles
Accessible only by boat, plane or hiking trails, the North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin is a laid-back remote little place on the shores of Lake Chelan within the North Cascades National Park. Stehekin has about 75 permanent residents, though its population swells during the summer. The passenger ferry runs daily from Chelan and Fields Point during the summer months and less often through the winter. Stehekin is very close to the Pacific Crest Trail. While there is no road access to Stehekin, there is roughly 22 miles of existing road and shuttle bus service is available. A few cars and old trucks are around, barged in over the years. Trout and sockeye salmon are popular targets for fishing in Lake Chelan and if you are into hiking, extreme or mild you will love it here. Bicycles are available for hire and are easily transported up on the ferry as well. You will feel right at home in our tight knit little family of employees and it will be a summer you’ll never forget
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.