Volunteer Ski Patrol
|Benefits:||For full time employees: a choice of medical benefits, dental and vision, 401k savings plan, and much more.|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
The Ski Patrol ensures the safety of the mountain and guests by providing first aid care and attention to guest needed assistance on the mountain or the facility.
- Skiing to perform open and close procedures on mountain daily.
- Communication with other departments.
- Maintain safe and easy access with base patrol and ski patrol duty stations.
- Recognize and correct any safety hazards within the ski patrol department.
- Perform CPR and emergency care, when necessary.
- Become proficient with ropes and rope rescue skills.
- The ability to safely and skillfully ski and transport a person in toboggan down an expert ski trail in an fast manner within the ski area boundaries.
- Understand the function of the equipment and standards procedures for its care and safe operation.
- Maintain clean, safe and professional workstations.
- Maintain any appropriate records as set forth by company policy and procedures.
- Shoveling snow, sometimes deep, heavy wet snow weighing more than 50lbs per shovel full.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Ability to ski required.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to learn and develop new skills; ability to problem solve.
- Great customer services.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to withstand extreme cold weather.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a fast-paced environment.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.