The Beverage/Bar Supervisor is responsible for directly supervising and coordinating activities of 5 resort bars and staff. They are responsible for ensuring that all guests receive their beverages in a fast, courteous and efficient manner. The Beverage/Bar Supervisor must ensure correct billing procedures, inventory management, equipment maintenance. They will cultivate a team environment that provides exceptional customer service while ensuring all staff members perform at a consistently high level. The Bar Supervisor should be able to properly mix alcoholic drinks for guests over 21 years old, as required by law.
- Recruit, supervise, train, schedule, discipline, review, and direct the bar staff.
- Responsible for inventory management and order processing of beer, wine, and liquor.
- Maintain accounting records, daily reporting requirement, and cash control.
- Ensure complete guest satisfaction at all times. Handle guests’ complaints and solve them according to customer service standards.
- Monitor and supervise set up and maintenance of bar area, cash register area, and food stations to ensure quality standards.
- Anticipate customer’s needs and respond appropriately with a sense of urgency. Fill drink and food orders either taken directly from patrons at the bar or through servers.
- Check identification of customers who order alcoholic beverages.
- Pour, mix, and serve drinks following standard recipes.
- Maintain the liquor, garnishes, glassware and other supplies or inventory for the bar.
- Clean all bar equipment, tools, and supplies. Ensure equipment is in good working order.
- Assist the unit manager in maintaining and ensuring safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of unit’s equipment, food production and handling, cooking, housekeeping, sanitation, dress, cash control, and employee hygiene. Notify Unit Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/GED required. Bachelor’s or Business Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in related management required.
- Excellent sanitation habits.
- Professional appearance.
- Ability to communicate and attend to guests with the highest standard of service.
- Ability to pass cash handling and TIPS training.
- Problem sensitivity and the ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and golf courses.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced unit.
- Physical attendance in unit to perform duties.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, as required by law.
- Knowledge of cash register/POS system used in unit.
- Bar equipment.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.