Guest Services, Inc. is looking for a friendly, outgoing, and positive Part-Time Prep Cook/General Utility to be apart of our team. If you are ready for a new opportunity, we want you!
~Requirement of this position is that you are a US Citizen and must be able to pass a government background check~
The Prep Cook assists the Cook by preparing ingredients, keeping the kitchen clean and orderly, and by performing some of the simpler cooking functions as assigned according to the menu.
- Prepare and cook food items according to recipes, daily menus and supervisor's instructions.
- Take temperatures at regular intervals and maintains foods in sufficient quantities while minimizing over-produced waste.
- Ensure proper presentation of all food items.
- Assist in maintaining kitchen sanitation and equipment cleaning schedule.
- Prepare sandwiches for, and operate a panini machine.
- Prepare food items for salad bar.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Food Safety Certification. Strong sanitation habits.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by co-workers.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Candidate must be able to pass a federal background check.
- Commercial Kitchen Machinery, Appliances, Tools, and Utensils
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.