We are looking for a organized and outgoing Banquet Captain to facilitate banquets, weddings socail functions from set up to break down.
Hands on management style working to enhance the production, preparation and presentation of the catering venue by ensuring all service standards are met by the banquet server(s). In addition, the Banquet Captain assists in cultivating a team environment that provides exceptional customer service while ensuring all staff members perform at a consistently high level.
- Process working knowledge of weddings, events Bar Mitzvah's, meetings, etc
- Receive schedule of catering functions from Catering office to determine the amount of future business and workload duties.
- Meet with function group leaders to discuss details of event, maintaining informed of changes.
- Ensure complete guest satisfaction at all times. Handle guests' complaints and solve them according to customer service standards.
- Monitor and supervise set up and maintenance of event area to ensure quality standards, and assist as needed. Procure needed materials as necessary.
- Assist in recruiting, supervising, training, scheduling, disciplining, reviewing, and directing the unit's staff at the direction of the Managing Director.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of unit's equipment, food production and handling, cooking, housekeeping, sanitation, dress, cash control, and employee hygiene. Notify Catering Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor's or Business Degree preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience in related management required.
- Cater ease knowledge a plus
- Food Safety Certified a plus.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to work well as a team leader; ability to problem-solve.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
~Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.~
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.