The Assistant Food and Beverage Manager assists the Food and Beverage Director in all aspects of center operations and floor management, including food, beverage, equipment, and property to facilitate the fulfillment of financial goals and company initiatives. In addition, the Assistant Food and Beverage Manager assists in cultivating a team environment that provides exceptional customer service while ensuring all staff members perform at a consistently high level. The Assistant Manager also works towards motivating employees, instilling accountability, and achieving results to drive success in the position.
- Receive direction from the Food and Beverage Director and assist in the overall management of the unit\'s operations, including planning and developing daily operations; forecasting and analyzing sales, labor, and profit; and, ensuring compliance with established budget; and scheduling, supervising, and participating in the operational duties specific to the unit.
- Oversee aspects of catered events including event set-up and execution of event, staffing, supervising events and billing.
- Responsible for the training of all Front of the House staff.
- Assist in recruiting, supervising, training, scheduling, disciplining, reviewing, and directing the unit\'s staff.
- Maintain accounting records, daily reporting requirement, and cash control. Assist in managing P&L statement. Maintain accurate records for all catered events.
- Respond to customer inquiries and resolve customer complaints.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of unit\'s equipment, food production and handling, cooking, housekeeping, sanitation, dress, cash control, and employee hygiene. Notify Unit Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
- Represent the company in a professional and positive manner at all times. Maintain and enhance the company\'s image when interacting with clients, guests, associates, and vendors.
- Perform unit opening and /or closing procedures.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma or GED. Bachelor\'s or Business Degree preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience in related management required.
- Food Safety Certified a plus.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to work well as a team leader; ability to problem-solve.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Banquet/Wedding Management experience preferred.
- Fine Dining experience and a strong knowledge of wine preferred.
- Must be willing to work holidays and weekends.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.