Wakulla Springs State Park, managed by Guest Servcices, Inc. is looking for a reliable Banquet Houseman to join our All-Star Team!
The Banquet Houseman is responsible for the works assigned by the Banquet Manager while in maintaining a great customer service and clean environment.
- Maintaining the cleaniness and organization of banquet space, hallways, storage and services area.
- Routinely inventory and care for banquet supplies such as linens, chairs, china, glassware, flatware and decorations.
- Set up the banquet room per the specification of a banquet events order, and then reset the room to its original state after the event has concluded.
- Assisting servers, transporting tables and equipment, reporting maintenance issues to management, and providing requested information to banquet patrons.
- Additional duties may include helping assemble temporary dance floors, podiums and other structures; assisting audio-visual personnel in setting up equipment like speakers and monitors; helping transport food, beverages, decorations and equipment.
- Ensure complete guest satisfaction and safety at all times.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Strong sanitation habits.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day and to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced environment.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Food service equipment (pots and pans, stove, fridge, fryers, among others).
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Guest Services, Inc. participates in E-Verify.